Frequently asked questions for Carers training
1. How will the carers help me to care for my family member or friend?
The course will help carers to better understand their role, coping strategies, stress management, co – dependency, contingency planning, how best to care for themselves and become aware of all the resources that are available to them.
2. How can I apply for the carers course?
By email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone for an application form on 07775756454 or 01736 339226.
3. How much are the Caring for Carers courses?
They are free and include lunch, resources and travel expenses .
4. Who are the Caring for Carers courses for?
Anyone from 18 yrs and upwards who is caring for someone in an unpaid capacity
5. Do I need to attend all the days?
Yes the course requires attendance on all days
6. What are the times of the course?
All courses start at 10 am and finish at 3:30 pm or 4pm
7. Are the training groups large?
No the groups have no more than 8 or 9 participants.
8. Who are the facilitators?
Bernie DeLord and Jenny Tarvit, both of whom have experience of caring.
9. If I have learning or physical needs can these be accommodated?
Yes, we ask you to state these on the application form and will do our utmost to accommodate your individual needs.
10. Is there a lot of writing involved?
The course is structured to involve group work, discussion and some completion of worksheets but we leave it up to individuals to decide how much they write.