1. How will the course help me to care for my family member or friend?
You’ll gain a better understanding of your role, coping strategies, stress management, co – dependency and contingency planning. You’ll also learn how best to care for yourself and become aware of all the resources that are available to you in your local area.
2. How can I apply for the course?
You can fill in applications for all courses on the website. If you would prefer a hard copy please email [email protected] or telephone for an application form on 07775756454 or 01736 339226.
3. How much are the courses?
They’re free and include lunch, resources and travel expenses
Promas CIC offers mileage payments to all carers and can also provide volunteer transport (TAP) for some. If you’re a carer who is unable to access our courses due to transport issues and you fit the following criteria please contact us so we can arrange transport for you.
- You have no transport of your own and there is no or limited public transport
- You do not drive
- You have a disability
- You would benefit from attending the courses but are unable to, due to a lack of transport.
4. Who are the courses for?
Anyone from 18 yrs upward who is caring for someone in an unpaid capacity, this includes any carer receiving carers allowance or other related benefits.
5. Do I need to attend all the days?
The courses generally require attendance on all days, however we are very flexible – please contact us if you are unsure or need to discuss how we can work around your availability.
6. What are the times of the course?
All courses start at 10 am and finish at 3:30pm (multiple-day courses) or 4pm (one-day courses).
7. Are the training groups large?
No, the groups have no more than 8 or 9 participants.
8. Who are the facilitators?
Bernie DeLord, Jenny Tarvit, Tamsin Dearing, Michaela Burt, Pip Wright, Corinne Leverton and Gaelle PenHallow. You can find out more about us on our Meet the Team page.
9. If I have learning or physical needs can these be accommodated?
Yes, we ask you to state these on the application form and will do our utmost to accommodate your individual needs.
10. Is there a lot of writing involved?
The course is structured to involve group work, discussion and some completion of worksheets but we leave it up to you to decide how much you write.